Fire accidents are very common, but they can be avoided if you understand the causes and actively work with your family to prevent them from happening in your home. The following are some of the most common causes of fires in Kansas City, Missouri:
Unextinguished Cigarette in the House
While smoking itself is not the cause of fires, failing to extinguish a cigarette before discarding it can cause an unexpected fire.
Some people go to sleep with a cigarette in their mouth or hand, and the cigarette falls to the floor, or on a piece of clothing, or something even more combustible, and a fire breaks out. To avoid this, you must extinguish your cigarette and dispose of it properly.
Cooking accidents can also result in fire outbreaks, particularly when oil is being used and is spilled over the gas or cooker. If the fire is not put out right away, it could escalate beyond control.
Napkins, tissue, and towels are flammable and can easily be set on fire if left close to the cooker or burner. Therefore, all flammable objects should be kept away from fire sources and never leave a hot stove, gas cooker, or oven unattended.
Putting Flammable Liquid in or around Fireplaces
Lighting your fireplace with flammable liquids such as lighter fluid or gasoline puts you and your property at risk of a fire. Maintain the proper placement of your safety screen and log grate, and keep all flammable liquids and objects away from your fireplace.
Electrical Wiring and Appliances
Bad electrical wiring can cause sparks, which can cause a fire in your home. If you notice electrical sparks or unusual things happening to your bulb or any of your electrical outlets, you should call an electrician to inspect and determine what is wrong. Abandoned high-current electrical appliances can also result in fires and smoke incidents.
Children Playing with Flammable Objects
Children are free-spirited individuals who will play with whatever they can get their hands on unless told otherwise and supervised. They may light a match by accident near a flammable substance if care is not taken. This is why you should never leave your children alone without the supervision of an adult and should keep objects like matchboxes and lighters out of their reach.
The Work of Fire and Smoke Restoration Service Providers
We carry out all clean-ups, water extraction, drying, and other necessary cleaning processes such as disinfection, deodorizing, and so on. If you require the services of a professional in Kansas City, Missouri, contact Enviro-Dry at 816-654-5067.
We are a team of licensed and insured experts with years of experience in assisting home and property owners regain control of their lives following a fire disaster. We provide comprehensive services, including board-up and tarping, water extraction and drying, and fire and smoke damage restoration.
Fire and smoke restoration service providers will assist you in removing damaged property, such as cushions, furniture, rugs, and so on.
You need the best restoration company to ensure that your home or business is properly restored after a fire. Contact Enviro-Dry today at 816-654-5067 for the best fire restoration service in Kansas City, Missouri. We provide professional smoke and fire restoration services and are here to help you get your life back on track.