Belton is in the northwest corner of Cass County, Missouri, in the United States of America. With a population of over 23,000 people as of the 2010 census, it has some lovely spots for sightseeing, adventure, and relaxation. We’re talking about destinations like Wallace Park, Longview Lake, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, the National World War I Museum, and other attractions.
Many basements in Belton have to deal with mold growth from time to time. Getting rid of mold in your basement is probably high on your list of priorities, so we’ll tell you what you need to know. Here are a few things you should know about mold and how to deal with it.
Causes of Mold Growth
Mold poses many risks to human health, and just seeing them makes you uneasy and gives the impression that your basement is dirty and unkempt.
The stench can quickly fill your house and affect your breathing. Inhaling the odor from it repeatedly can obstruct your nasal cavity.
The following are some of the most common reasons for mold growth:
Leaks and Cracks
Water seeping in through foundation or basement wall cracks can lead to mold growth if the problem is left unchecked for too long. The same thing can happen if there are leaky pipes or damaged water channels.
If you don’t take care of your property, it will wear out over time and become a good place for mold to grow.
This could be because of flooding or excess water left in certain areas of the house. Since mold grows in damp, oxygen-rich environments, stagnant water is a perfect breeding ground for it.
Mold-related problems have become increasingly common among the residents of Belton, Missouri, in recent years. If you live in Belton, Missouri, and have mold-related problems, call Enviro-Dry at 816-654-5067. We are a mold remediation company that can assist you in handling mold problems.
Types of Mold
Molds can be divided into allergenic mold and mycotoxins, also known as black mold.
Allergenic molds may not be harmful to humans unless the person is asthmatic or sensitive to molds. Black molds produce toxins that can be harmful to both humans and animals.
Fusarium, Stachybotrys, Aspergillus, Cladosporium, and Penicillium are just some of the other types of mold that fall under the two categories described above.
Prevention of Mold Growth
Mold growth in the house can be prevented by taking the following measures:
- Repair any leaks in your home, including the foundation, walls, and basement. This will prevent water from entering the basement or clogging a pipe somewhere in the house.
- Avoid leaving standing water anywhere in the house.
- Repair leaking pipes as soon as possible. It is best to check them often to ensure they are not cracked or leaking.
- Always monitor your humidity and moisture levels. The recommended maximum level is 60%, so you must attempt to keep it within this range.
- Remove any obstructions to the flow of water and test all drains to ensure water can move freely.
- If you want to paint your basement, you should first mix your paint with a mold inhibitor. This will help to prevent the growth of mold in your basement.
Molds can cause significant damage to your walls, furniture, and household items; therefore, it is crucial to deal with them as soon as possible. Your best bet is to hire a professional service to handle any mold problems you may have.
If you live in Belton, Missouri, and have mold problems, call Enviro-Dry at 816-654-5067. We are a mold remediation company that can assist you. The mold in your house will be gone for good with our mold remediation services.